What to look for when buying CBD products and what to stay away from
Do you feel a little overwhelmed when shopping for CBD? You aren't alone! Please! Let us help.
There are literally thousands of CBD product lines on store shelves, but determining what’s safe and effective is tricky. What you find in most big-chain stores are CBD Isolates (pure CBD in very high concentration with no THC) and products that have very low CBD potency with a myriad of other ingredients. These are virtually ineffective...don't bother with them.
While in the “back stores”, we often find products that claim to have high potency CBD, but they are made without any safety protocols, and do not go through cGMP facilities or any sort of third-party testing. You can't be certain of the label if they have not been tested.
Here are some things you really should be looking for in CBD Products: (and Maka Earth checks all the boxes)
- Full Spectrum – It means it has important phytochemicals like terpenes and other cannabinoids that work together to produce “The Entourage Effect”.
- Organic – Made from natural, clean ingredients, and the certified hemp is sourced right here in the US.
- High Potency – The stronger Full Spectrum CBD oil, the more effective and less consumption. Calculate actual potency in mg/volume or per dose. It’s easy to grab a large container that says 1000mg CBD, and overlook the smaller one that says the same.
- Testing – Check Supplemental Facts and ingredients. Get on the website of the CBD Products and check to see if they have COAs listed. This means it has gone through third-party testing.
- Natural ingredients – Less is more. There can be more added benefits to include some other natural ingredients, but be cautious of too many that just end up diluting the CBD oil.
To make it super easy, just stick with MAKA Earth...we've done every possible thing that we can to offer you the absolute best product, our prices are great AND we love to offer you great deals through our newsletter! If it matters that we are a family-owned, Colorado local, and a green business, then we can offer that too!
I hope that you truly learned a little more about CBD after reading this...it's our passion and if you have questions don't hesitate to email us!
**FDA DISCLAIMER: The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your health care professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act requires this notice.